Darby Yorkshire/ Darby Landrace
Maternal breeds for Hyperprolific characteristic, Darby Yorkshire and Darby Landrace
- Darby Yorkshire and Landrace are the leading maternal purebreds.
- Darby Yorkshire and Landrace are continually improved by well organized genetic program.
- Darby Yorkshire and Landrace are contributing to improve productivity.
- Darby Yorkshire and Landrace are free from the major swine diseases, such as PRRS1, MH2 and APP3.
PRRS1 (Porcine Reproductive and Respiratory Syndrome)
APP3 (Actinobacillus Pleuropneumoniae)
Landrace NOB1 of Dowha farm
Landrace NOB of Seongjin farm
Yorkshire NOB of DND farm
Yorkshire NOB of Seongjin farm
Paternal breed for efficient growth and high-quality meat, Darby Marbler-S
- Darby Marbler-S is a Duroc breed that generally uses the terminal sire around the world.
- Darby Marbler-S shows the most efficient three-breed terminal crossbred system when it mates with a Darby Queen-S(F1, Darby Yorkshire X Darby Landrace).
- Darby Marbler-S has superior marbling score and high uniformity for premium pork.
- Darby Marbler-S is known for efficient growth and high carcass rates.
Trend of Breeding Values for Days to 90㎏.
Trend of breeding values for back fat thickness
Paternal breed for very high yield of lean meat, Darby Pietrain
- Pietrain breed generally uses the terminal sire to increase lean meat percentage in European Union.
- Pietrain is optimized to produce low fat pork and high lean meat percentage.
- PSS (Porcine Stress Syndrome) gene knockout from the Pietrain breed, thus Darby Pietrain is easy to manage.
Comparing Pietrains and Durocs
|Traits||Pietrain||Degree of strength||Duroc|
|Days to 100㎏(days)||143.0||‹||142.0|
|Back fat thickness at 100㎏ (mm)||8.2||››||11.7|
|Lean meat percentage(%)||67.5||›››||59.3|
|Average daily gain (g)||959||‹‹||963|
|FCR Feed conversion ratio||2.44||››||2.66|
|pH at 24 hours post-mortem||5.66||‹||5.73|
|Boar taint detection (%)||1.8||›||4.2|
- Ifip(Farnce), 2014